1 December 2008

Your Success Stories

‘How I Lost 80 Pounds (36 kg) with Smart Carb Eating.’ – Richard Price
‘I became a type 2 diabetic about 15 years ago, and have learned how to control my weight and blood glucose with diet and exercise. I lost 80 pounds (36 kg) and am a member of the National Weight Loss Registry (US). Two of my secrets are eating food with a low energy (calorie) density and eating food with a low glycemic impact. Energy density is a measurement of calories per gram of food. Researchers at Pennsylvania State University, led by Barbara Rolls, concluded that we eat by weight volume and not by calories. I did a twist on these two principles, by coming up with the concept of Glycemic Density which is a measurement of glycemic load per gram of food. Eating carbohydrate dense foods with a low Glycemic Density allows us to maximize hunger satisfaction while minimising glycemic impact. As I am not a professional, I am not able to further examine this concept other than on a philosophical basis. I do not have the resources of a university or major nutritional clinic. I would love for someone who has these resources to pursue this concept further.’

success story

0 comments: